Introduction of Java
Java language was developed by group of person includes Patrick Naughton, Herbert Schildt, James Gosling, Edrick etc. in 1992. Old name of Java language was OAK that was a failure language for not giving all the features of object oriented language. In 1995 Sun Micro- system owned the complete group of Java and launched the 2nd release of Java therefore Java is known as Java 2.
1. It is an object oriented programming language. Therefore it is easily possible to extend the functionality of projects developed in Java language. Each component of project is always re-useful and extendable in OOP language. Modularity of each part of project is easily possible due to object oriented programming.
2. It is platform Independent language therefore software developed in Java language can run in any operating system such as Windows, Linux, Solaris, V2 Works, HP-RT, Symbian and Macintosh etc.
3. Java is portable due to which it is very easy to transfer Java program from one machine to another machine through network or Internet.
4. It is fully secured language i.e. program developed in Java is not harmful for the machine as well as operating system.
5. It is flexible for network programming i.e. it provides different tools and components (library) for network programming
6. Java can develop different types of applications such as desktop, distributed, web and mobile applications.
7. It is free editor language, we can edit Java program in any type of editor such as notepad, dos editor, VI editor, Textpad etc.
8. It is a case sensitive language.
9. It is free form language i.e. we can write multiple statements in single line.